Adiponectin is a protein hormone and is solely secreted by adipocytes, with anti-inflammatory and insulin-sensitising properties. It plays an important role in a number of metabolic processes such as glucose regulation and fatty acid oxidation.
Adiponectin levels are inversely correlated with abdominal visceral fat (AVF) levels, which have proven to be a strong predictor of several pathologies including metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), cancers and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
As a biochemistry assay, Randox Adiponectin enables laboratories to run this important assay as part of the routine testing panel.
- Automated immunoturbidimetric assay – the Randox Adiponectin assay offers the laboratory a biochemistry test for the measurement of adiponectin, removing the inconvenience and time consumption associated with traditional ELISA based testing options
- Liquid ready-to-use reagents – offering optimum convenience and ease of use
- Extensive measuring range – facilitating the accurate detection of reduced adiponectin levels
- Applications available for an extensive range of clinical chemistry analysers – detailing instrument specific settings for the convenient use of Randox Adiponectin on a variety of systems
- Complementary controls and calibrator available – offering a complete testing package